Messi: I'm staying at Barcelona







Barcelona star Lionel Messi insists he is going
nowhere, labelling claims he has spoken to
Chelsea and Manchester City as "all lies".


The Argentine forward scored the third goal in
Barca's 3-1 La Liga victory over Atletico Madrid
at Camp Nou on Sunday.


Post-game, Messi denied he had asked to leave
the Catalan giants – and rubbished links to
Premier League giants Chelsea and City.


"I haven’t asked for anything to stay here
because I have never wanted to go anywhere
else," he told Barca TV programme El Marcador.


"I have also heard that I have spoken to Chelsea
and [Manchester] City … but it’s all lies."


Reports of a rift between Messi and Luis Enrique
had spread, with suggestions the Argentina
international had asked for the coach's sacking.


Messi denied those claims and suggestions he
was behind the departures of previous coaches
or players.


"There have stories that I had bad relationships
with [Pep] Guardiola, [Samuel] Eto’o, [Zlatan]
Ibrahimovic and Bojan [Krkic] … that I have got
rid of people. That is in no way true," he said.


"I never asked for them to get rid of the coach or
anyone else.


"I am tired of hearing things about me. They say
that I run the club when I am just another player.


I don’t make those decisions, nor have I asked to
make them."

No comments:

Post a Comment

6 Things To Stay Away From If You Want To Look Younger

Age is something many of us have been obsessed with for years. When we were younger we wanted to look older, and as we got older we wanted ...