Femi Opabunmi blind??




On Sunday, while returning from Church, I initiated a call to
our Sports Editor, for obvious reasons if you follow me, he
told me, Femi Opabunmi, Nigeria hero at Trinidad and
Tobago 2001 under 17 world cup, has gone blind. What!
Femi Opabunmi is blind? I was shocked, still on the phone I
asked how did it happen? He said the cause is unknown
and probably esoteric.


He told me he was going to contact one of our sport
columnist to do a feature on Femi, few hours ago (Monday), I
found the feature story already sent to my mail.


After reading, I couldn't hold back the tears from my eyes,
how Opabunmi, a rare talent was neglected, how he had to
beg fellow players for money to do eye surgery.


I Could recall staying awake at night to watch Femi
Opabunmi dazzle in T&T in 2001. Why will he go blind?


It is touching and I hope everyone gets to read when we
finally publish it later in the week.


Please say a prayer for our Hero, that the Lord should restore
his sight.


Lord please restore Femi Opabunmi's sight... AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment

6 Things To Stay Away From If You Want To Look Younger

Age is something many of us have been obsessed with for years. When we were younger we wanted to look older, and as we got older we wanted ...