Nigerians! Beware of BVN Scam Alert





The Admin shares his story of how he was almost scammed with an alert requesting for BVN online completion of Registration.
I bank with GTB and my transaction alert is by email which is costless unlike sms alert. Being baba Ijebu I have to economize, I can't stand the deduction of those N200 sms alert fees so I opted for email alert on my email account.
That afternoon, I was in the office, I checked my notification then I saw an email presumed to be from GTB
because of the logo. When I opened it, what I saw was the page  below....


Having done my BVN longtime ago. I feel since GTB wants me to complete online too no problem, let me do it shaperly now that I'm less busy. Then I click the link, I saw a form that looks like Google forms, I didn't bother to doubt its authenticity since its from GT. I began to fill the form is the 2nd munch.... Then I realized that I
need to fill in info from my ATM card, I brought it out then began filling. name, card no, expiry, then i got to filling in
my withdrawal PIN, I paused, this must be a joke. I check the URL of the site I am. Lo and behold it wasn't GT website.

Then I checked other field in d form, the next is my last account balance. How come all this info is about my ATM.
I went back to the mail. This guys sent the mail to my yahoo acct. I never used that for GTB I checked the sender of the mail. OMG. It isn't the usual 'gens@gtbank.com it was z1753247@students.niu.edu.


This is serious!!!
I can't but thank my God after the discovery. Naso this people go fap my 200k be that.
Please beware of scam alert check the site and be sure it is the original site with 'HTTPS: starting the site address this
shows the site is secured.
Endeavour to share this post on your Facebook wall, twitter, Google+, and other social network to save someone today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

6 Things To Stay Away From If You Want To Look Younger

Age is something many of us have been obsessed with for years. When we were younger we wanted to look older, and as we got older we wanted ...